As we near the end of 2021, we are so filled with gratitude! Here's why:
- We've distributed more than 72,000 pounds of nourishing local food to those facing food insecurity;
- We've invested $10,000 in our local food economy, supporting the people who grow our food;
- Almost 2000 volunteer hours have been served with CFI;
- We hosted 7 brilliant AmeriCorps volunteers and 7 brilliant student interns;
- We're back in classrooms sharing the joy of gardening and our beautiful outdoor world with kids as young as preschool;
- We expanded Veggie Van to serve three communities weekly, reaching a total of 1,600 customers and sharing over 17,000 pounds of food.
These are just a few of the many things on our gratitude list this year -- a snapshot from a single year. Next year we will celebrate our 30th anniversary at CFI, which means work like this has been happening for three decades, and it is all possible because of YOU. Here at CFI, we believe in the soil, seeds, our Appalachian heritage of resilience, and our community--of which you're an integral part!
We’re facing global crises on a level that threatens to make despair its own pandemic, but YOU are creating hope for the future; YOU make long-term, positive change possible.
When you plant an oak tree, you create the potential for exponential expansion of a nourishing ecosystem. Every year, each new acorn holds the potential to grow into another nourishing habitat that, in turn, produces its own acorns and trees. Thank you for nourishing our tree at its roots.
The CFI team