A Champ is a talented -in academics, arts or sports-, underprivileged student with high leadership potential. He/she receives a world-class education to become one of the future leaders of a sustainable Peru.
These years we empower the lives of more than 2000 talented Peruvian kids in 15 cities in Peru. They got 75% academic scholarship for Innova Schools, a leadership program to help them develop soft skills and school supplies.
Also, we provide socioemotional and academic support to ensure the well-being of Champs based on the monitoring of four approaches.
- Academic Risk: We strengthen our Champs’ cognitive abilities during workshops conducted in groups. We carry out a holistic evaluation of Champs to later provide further support accordingly. We provide Champs with learning strategies aimed at helping them optimize their academic performance and develop study habits.
- Parents: We work hand in hand with the family of our Champs during 4 yearly workshops for parents.
- Follow-up on risk: We focus on enhancing their talent and effectively contributing to their improvement areas. Furthermore, we strengthen or develop their soft skills.
- Follow-up on academics: We identify Champs’ artistic or sport-related profile, and determine and prioritize the learning they need in their corresponding formative period.
Renewal: In Peru Champs, we grant one-year-long scholarships and automatically renew these as long as the following requirements are met:
- Must have an average grade of at least 15 (academic talent), 13 (artistic or sports talent), or A (primary)
- Follow Innova Schools’ internal rules.
- Must pay 25% of the monthly tuition in time.
- Attend at least 4 sessions for parents each year.
- Still have an economic need.
- Raise enough funds to pay for the scholarships.
Report of Perú Champs:
- Champs’ GPA 2019: 17,87
* On a scale from 0 to 20.
* A grade of 17 is considered outstanding.
- Distributionn by grade:
* Secondary 54%
* Primary 46%
- Distribution by talent:
* Academic 94%
* Artistic and sports 6%
- Location of the school:
* Lima 79%
* Outside Lima 21%
- By type of previous school:
* Public school 75%
* Private school 25%
Leadership Program - 84%of Champs have participated in a Leadership Program project.
Enhance our Champs’ social commitment, creativity, personal and shared vision, and emotional intelligence to form the future generation of agents of change in our country.
- Environmental project directed to 2nd and 3rd grade: Develop a concern for and a link with the environment.
- Workshop project directed to 4th and 5th grade: Convert Champs into agents of change by sensitizing the community about the importance of respecting the elderly.
- Entrepreneurial project directed to 6th grade: Create a business plan based on the recognition of resources and tools to thrive.
- Mentoring project directed to 7th and 8th grade: Learn how to manage emotions and develop social abilities.
- Give Back Project directed to 9th grade: Identify a problem in a community and elaborate a plan to solve it.
- Champ Camp directed to 10th y 11th grade: Help Champs identify a career path by organizing visits to companies and organizations.
- Coaching directed to 10th y 11th grade: Help them decide which path they would like to take after finishing high school by creating an integral life plan.
Leslie: She is a Champ who is part of the Leadership Program and participated in projects at a national and international level. She funded ALEUP Girl Up, a United Nations campaign that focuses on gender equality. Leslie is convinced that health is the most urgent matter in Peru. She has recently been admitted to Stanford, Georgetown, Dartmouth, Oxford and NYU. Know more about her story in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1GrJck9z9U
With your support, we will help more talented Peruvian kids to receive a world-class education.